Special Features of In-House Developed LMS
The library automation software or Library Management System (LMS) has been developed in-house by librarian with the help of an internal programmer. The LMS package is developed in 2000 using FoxPro and currently planning to migrate it to web-enabled commecial software.
The LMS has separate modules for Books, periodicals, students' project reports, Videocassettes, CDs/VCDs, company annual reports and Management cases developed by TAPMI and other Bschools.
the LMS allows
1. Bar-coded transaction,
3. Search of users' outstanding dues & Overdue charges through LAN,
4. Provision for printing, viewing or exporting the search results to excel format
5. In-built onlien help for classificaiton shedule, back issues of periodicals, etc..
6. Bill processing modules for payment (with printing) and record separetly the increased subsction prices
7. Genrating reminders for overdues
8. Stock verification without closing the library with sumultaneous use of multiple barcode scanners
9. Daily back-ups/indexing
10. Report generation
11. Accessioning, modification and book-order. transport data from book order to book master